OLUMIRIN THE GREAT WATER FALL







THE RUSH
THE FALL


            OLUMIRIN THE GREAT WATER FALL

TOURIST GARDEN
About 40km off the Ife -Akure highway lies Erin-oke. A region characterized with high mountains and green vegetations, and deep within these mountains lays the source of the great Olumirin water fall. A Waterfall famous for its seven levels, and also serves as a source of livelihood to the small community of people known as the Erin-ijesha tribe. My jaw couldn’t summon enough courage to close as I was bamboozled by the beauty of nature expressed in the beautiful green color of the vegetative mountainous landscape. In the heart of this wonder lies the adorable Olumirin water fall.

About 300 meters away we could hear the unique sound of rushing water and also human voices filled with laughter and excitement. Our arrival was heralded by sound of traditional drums and cultural music sang in local dialect by two old men whose vocal harmony reminded me of the much acclaimed (Eye Awoko) the humming bird. Women were seen displaying their wears and trying to get customers to buy their products. Directly opposite the parking space are series of steps which ascends a small hill, at the end of the hill is a narrow path which leads to the water fall. To the right of the path lies a green refreshment garden which seems to be well cared for, with huts and places to sit around, it sure serves as a good relaxation spot.
Well I didn’t have much time at my disposal as the WAKA spirit was already impatient to see the waterfall. Few steps farther away, we felt the sudden change in weather and an unexplainable presence of peace and tranquility. A place protected from the sun by high mountains, and filled with the sound of clear rushing water seen pouring down from the height above.
Seeing was not enough so I had no choice but to join other tourists under the splash of the fall, ‘cold and refreshing’ best describe the effect of the water upon my skin. I practically felt my worries wash away and my strength renewed. Meanwhile that was just the first level of the waterfall, with about 6 other levels to discover before reaching the origin of the water, You sure need good strength and determination to access the fountain will say this, ‘the higher you go ,the better it becomes and the more you will enjoy what OLUMIRIN has to offer.
For me, I had to stop at the third level because that was how far my strength could go. I know you have more strength than I do, so what are you waiting for? Pack your bags and let’s go on a quest to conquer Olumirin, The Great Waterfall.

For more information contact: Number One Travel express Ltd
(numberone.travels@yahoo.com),+2348060550581
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

IGBO OLODUMARE

TRAVEL & EARN